Reimagining data – this website is dedicated to transparent discussions on the broad field of data science and analytics in today’s data bubble. I’ll be sharing my own personal projects and will be blogging about new topics I have learned throughout the year.
Read about my thoughts for 2021 here.
some research papers that i plan to read
- Machine Learning Methods Economists Should Know About
- Why do Nigerian Scammers Say They are from Nigeria? - Microsoft
- Machine Learning: An Applied Econometric Approach
- The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute
favorite articles/videos from this year
- Hanakotoba (花言葉)
- How Spotify’s Shuffle Algo. Works
- Hiroo Onoda - What is a Right Goal?
- MY FAVORITE PHOTOGRAPHER: RINKO KAWAUCHI (川内 倫子)
I am Ferdie Taruc, a recent U.C. Berkeley graduate in Economics and Data Science.
For inquiries, reach me through my email :
films: (find me on letterbox)
albums: (high resolution)
current playlist of the month: (click here for the full list)
books: (that I am currently reading)
**Reminder: ** Why Reading is Not About Being Productive
“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. ”